9.00 – 9.30 Registration
9.30 – 9.45 Chair opens ~ David Wareing
9.45 –10.45 Management, professionalism and regulation ~ Professor Stephen Mayson
• Management and professionalism
• Management and regulation
• Regulation and professionalism
• The future of law as a regulated business
10.45 – 11.00 Refreshments
11.0 -12.00 Mirror, mirror on the wall…” New approaches to Legal Education & CPD ~ Jane Jarman
Whilst competence possibly the premier operational risk in law firms legal education and training sometimes has little more than a marginal place on the management agenda. As the rules underpinning CPD change in 2016, how should firms prepare colleagues to maintain and enhance their competence so that they are able to complete the Annual Declaration for CPD purposes:
• What does the SRA mean by “competence”?
• How will the new CPD framework operate and what do I need to do now?
• Why have the SRA introduced the concept of reflection into CPD and how should I incorporate learning and reflection into my training provision?
• What can we learn from L&D in the medical profession?
• Are there any tools and techniques which will help me to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of L&D initiatives
12.00 – 12.30 Supporting Law Firms through the changing Legal Landscape ~ Steve Arundale & Simon Webb
• Nat West’s Head of Professionals and Relationship Professionals Director will discuss practical ways in which they can support your business
12.30 – 1.30 Lunch
1.30– 2.15 Transforming your business ~ Joanna Kingston-Davies
• Customer service, sales process and culture change – scaling your business for success
2.15- 3 Leadership and performance management ~ Andrew Otterburn
• Features of good managers
• Monitoring financial and non-financial KPIs
• Effective performance management
3 – 3.15 Refreshments
3.15– 3.45 Risk 2.0: Social Media Engagement For Lawyers ~ Steve Kuncewicz
• Opportunities v Risks
• Practical solutions for potential legal and professional problems
3.45 – 4 Chair summary session & close
Address: 2nd Floor, The Cotton Exchange, Bixteth Street, Liverpool
Find others events in Liverpool on Evensi!