September 08, 2017 at Merchant City Yoga in Glasgow.
Learn to share your passion for yoga, join our Yoga Teacher Training Programme here at MCY. The course begins 9/10th September 2016 here at our beautiful Merchant City Yoga studios on Virginia Street in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City and runs for one weekend a month for 12 months.
I work closely with the Course Director of CYS, June Mitchell, one the UK’s most experienced yoga teachers and teacher trainers to provide great training, excellent tutors and the support and guidance our trainee teachers need to become confident yoga teachers. June’s been teaching since the late 1970s and has, over the years, run three very successful yoga centres – Perth Yoga Centre in the 1980s, Riverside Centre, Perth in the 1990s and currently Perth Yoga Studio.
CYS is a Yoga Alliance RYS200 accredited 200 hour course allowing graduate teachers to teach worldwide with their Certificate CYS/Yoga Alliance. https://www.yogaalliance.org ID No: 11350 www.cysyogateachertraining.com
Here are the details of your CYS Course Syllabus:
Core Yoga Practice
– Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras;
– Asanas -for personal practice you learn the workings of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Hatha, Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles;
– Anatomy and Physiology – covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional tuition in – Anatomy for Yoga;
– Pranayama – the science behind your breath;
– Relaxation and Meditation techniques;
– Yoga for special circumstances including back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, sports injuries and many more;
– Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas;
– Kirtan and the use of music, mantras and chanting.
Teaching Practice Essentials
– Hands-on Skills for teaching & adjusting postures;
– Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development;
– Myers Briggs Personality Profiling for building self-awareness to teach;
– Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique and Nutrition to develop a sound holistic approach to yoga teaching;
– The Business of Yoga including setting up your classes, Marketing, Accounting and Insurance;
– Emergency First Aid – Certified course (4 hours out with course times).
Normally people come to teacher training for one of two reasons. There are those who simply love yoga and want to expand their understanding of the practice, and those who actually know they want to teach and share their passion with others, so if either or both fits you get in touch now!
You can call me for an informal chat on 07880 631599 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to come in for a chat and be on your way to achieving your internationally recognised CYS Yoga Teacher Training Certificate.
Live, love and share your passion for yoga by becoming a Professional Yoga Teacher with a qualification which is recognised worldwide!
CYS Glasgow Course Dates for 2017-18
Friday evenings: 6.3O – 9.3Opm (refreshments included)
Saturdays: 9am – 6pm (vegetarian lunch and refreshments included)
Plus TWO Sunday mornings: 8am til 12pm – February and June 2018
Module 1 8/9 September 2017
Module 2 6/7 October
Module 3 3/4 November
Module 4 1/2 December
Module 5 12/13 January 2018
Module 6 9/10/11 February – Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday til 12pm
Module 7 9/10 March
Module 8 13/14 April
Module 9 11/12 May
Module 10 8/9/10 June – Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday til 12pm
Module 11 6/7 July
Module 12 3/4 August